Selling a Property
Documentation needed to sell a property in Baja California Sur, contact us for more information, we'll gladly assist.
- Copy of fideicomiso / title / power of attorney
- Copies of ids of sellers, copies of ids of the POA'S.
- Copy of the official subdivision or the plan.
- Copy of the Mexican corporation if the property is in a corporation. If the property is in a Mexican Corporation then the Seller must show a working visa reflective of their corporation or must have a representative of the corporation that can sign on behalf of the corporation for any sale of property.
- Copy of the building permit and the manifestation of construction (if selling a house) to establish capital gains or losses. Seller must have this document to sell a house.
- Copy of the protocolization of the subdivision or the construction for the fideicomiso. If the Seller has an existing structure or has made a subdivision from the original parcel that was on the fideicomiso, then this change must be recorded by the bank before the Seller may sell the said property.
- A copy of the environmental impact study.
- A copy of an existing title search or title insurance policy if available.
- A copy of the derecho de tanto (first right of refusal) and bank appraisal if originating out of the Ejido.
- A copy of any existing lien or bank loan if applicable.
- A copy of paid property taxes from the municipal.
- A copy of the most current annual fideicomiso payment to the Seller's bank.
- A copy of a US LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) or US trust if the property is held by an LLC or US trust (both should be translated into Spanish)
- A copy of the plans or blueprints for a house.
- A copy of any utility bill from the Seller's primary residence in his/her home country that will prove residency. Also a copy of any utility bill of the property on sale.
- If any title holder or primary beneficiary on the trust has passed away, we need a copy of the will, a copy of the death certificate, and proof that this change has been recorded within the deed or the fideicomiso.
- Any other documents that would help prepare the seller for a potential sale and purchase offer agreement.